This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Texas chapter.

I love affirmations! They’re so powerful and can cause such a positive shift in your mindset. In my experience, affirmations have helped me build so much more confidence and self-esteem. Here are some affirmations to encourage self-love and eliminate negative self-talk.

I am worthy of love and kindness

Because you are! We are all deserving of love and kindness but it’s important to remind yourself from time to time.

I am strong and capable

Girl, you got this! You are so much stronger than you know and have the power to do amazing things.

I accept myself as I am

Even if you don’t always feel like it, you’re enough just the way you are.

I am confident and self-assured

I’m sure we’ve all heard that confidence is key! Reminding yourself daily can help boost your overall confidence in the long run.

In order to see results, affirmations should ideally be practiced daily. However, even just taking the time to practice every few days can be beneficial. I hope that these affirmations can help get you started on your self-love process!

Sarah is a second-year journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and serves as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Texas. She loves fashion, beauty, and music and enjoys sharing these interests in her writing.