kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fitness Chic: Mixing Fashion Into Your Workout

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Temple chapter.

When fashion meets fitness, it could either go really right or really wrong. It’s all about being comfortable when you work out, but don’t shy away from bright colors. It could enhance your mood and give you a boost to run that extra mile! Slim silhouettes are in, so stay away from oversize sweat pants and hoodies. Nike Dri-Fit Compression pants allow for great movement and they’re very comfortable. Don’t underdress by rolling out of bed in your PJs and workout out in them, but don’t over-do it by wearing a face full of makeup and uncomfortable clothing. 

Let’s be honest: We never leave the gym looking how we did when we arrived, right? To resolve that, put a little more effort into your gym ‘fits. Although most people work out to sweat and burn off calories, there’s no shame in caring about your appearance while doing so! When you look good, you feel good. Who wouldn’t want to look and feel their best at the same time?

Now that spring has arrived, a lot of  us will opt of take our beach bod workouts to the great outdoors. Here is some fun fitness gear to inspire you to stay fit! Follow these instagram pages for more workout fitspirations: @prettygirlssweat @nikewomen @lululemon

Workout Fits Do’s and Don’ts:

Don’t wear:

• All cotton shirts
  • Thongs
  • Leg warmers
  • Fanny packs
  • A full face of makeup
  • Baggy sweatpants
  • Clothes that are way too tight

Do Wear:

• Layers
  • Color
  • Patterns
  • Neon
  • Headbands
  • Compression shorts/pants
  • Confidence

Stay tuned for Part 2: Sporty Chic ‘Fits On & Off the Runway. . .

Jennifer Nguyen is a senior journalism student at Temple. She has been a part of Her Campus Temple since its formation in 2010 and being a part of HCTU has been one of the best things she has ever done. She aspires to be a magazine writer in New York after graduation. Jennifer is passionate about learning more about the world around her and hopes to travel the world one day. As a journalist, she strives to share the stories of people whose voices need to be heard. In her spare time, she loves reading French literature, learning languages and watching Bravo reality TV shows.