This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

The fitness community is intimidating when you are beginning your fitness journey and looking for resources can be difficult.

I have curated a list of my top favorite fitness influencers and why I support them. Hopefully, this can help anyone who is starting out in the gym build a routine and get some inspiration. 

Influencer #1: Kris Hui

Although my top influencers are going in no particular order, I had to put Kris Hui at number one. Kris Hui is the main influencer who helped me start my fitness journey. 

I came across her Youtube channel back in spring 2019. What fascinated me about her channel was how she was managing school, the gym and her channel. What is even more amazing about her is that she is a San Jose State University alumna. 

On her channel and Instagram page, she is always creating great circuit training exercises, strength training videos, dumbbell-only workouts and running videos. From watching her videos over the past few years you see the passion that she has for fitness and she virtually passed that passion on to me. 

Influencer #2: Stephanie Buttermore 

Stephanie Buttermore is a cancer research scientist turned fitness educator. Buttermore is another great fitness influencer I love because she heavily focuses on the scientific principles of training and nutrition. 

She won a body-building competition known as Florida Physique in 2014. Men’s and women’s physique competitions are the first stages of bodybuilding competitions that build up to stricter levels as you progress. 

Her Youtube channel shares her story from competing in a women’s physique competition to starting her “All In” journey. The All-Plan is essentially eating a minimum of 2,500 calories a day and rescuing normal hunger cues by allowing yourself to eat until full satiation every day. 

Her channel also highlights certified guests such as personal trainers and individuals with Ph.D.’s in nutrition & women’s health. 

Influencer #3: Leana Deeb 

I came across Leana Deeb on TikTok during the last few months of 2021. Her account has over three million followers and shares her beginner through advanced workout videos. In addition to her workout content, she also shares healthy recipes. 

My favorite part of Deeb’s videos is her intense workout splits. She is always profusely sweating meaning she is putting in that hard work and she actually makes me want to do cardio instead of my usual weight training exercises. Her content is also very positive and welcoming which is another main reason I enjoy her content. 

Influencer #4: Analis Cruz

Analis Cruz is another creator I discovered through TikTok. Her account has one million followers and similarly to Leana she also shares healthy recipes on her page. I aspire to have an upper body as strong as Analis. 

I have seen her upper body videos and it just leaves me in awe. I am motivated to keep working to be able to continue building my strength and reaching my goals. Analis can do multiple pullups in a row and shares tips on how to be able to do pull-ups to the best of your ability. I am truly shocked at how strong she is. 

I have plenty of fitness influencers that I support but these are my favorite as of now. The great thing about each of these influencers is that they are all so unique. Yes, they all post fitness content but they each add their personal touch that makes them more engaging. 

The great thing about these women is that despite all the hate they receive from being “too muscular” or “looking like a man” is that they don’t care. They create content that makes them happy and exercise in a way that pertains to their goals without letting others distract them. 

Let us know who your favorite fitness influencers are at @HerCampusSJSU

Hello, my name is Ariana and I am a sophomore at San Jose State University. I am a business major and in my free time, I love weightlifting at the gym. Let's be friends! Instagram: axoliva