This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Life feels like it’s moving a million miles an hour and my legs can’t let me run that fast. How do I keep up with the always changing world when I am just one person? I thought that all I had to do was go to college, get my degree, and that life would just fall into place after that. Without the guidance from my parents, life has me constantly confused. Struggling to keep up with everything I have become tired. How do I find motivation when I don’t even know if my degree is 100% the right path for me? One thing I know is that feeling overwhelmed is a hard emotion to deal with when you must put on a smile and act like you aren’t freaking out about absolutely everything and anything.  I don’t know how to do taxes, pay a mortgage, finance a car, provide myself with a good health care/dental care/life insurance plan and what is a 401k? And how do they expect us to figure these things out on our own. In all reality there is no guide to life, people are supposed to teach us, or we are supposed to learn on our own. I don’t feel self-sufficient even though that’s exactly what I am. Stress is crippling, I can get so overwhelmed by the number of tasks I have to complete in a week, when really if I took some deep breaths and planned my week out I wouldn’t feel that way at all. I miss the simplicity of being younger, in middle school all we had to do was go to school, and if you participated in sports or extracurricular activities like band or theatre then you had a little more on your plate. Comparing that to college is ridiculous I know, but things were easier when all we had to worry about was who was going with who to the dance and where you and your friends sat at lunch. I wish I had appreciated all that when I was 12, but now my biggest concern is what city I’m going to move to in the next year and a half and how am I going to pay for anything. Managing my stress has always been hard, but it seems like every year I get older, life just gets more complicated. I just want anyone to know if you’re feeling as confused as I am, you’re not alone.

My name is Arkadyia Mills, I’m 21 years old and I am a junior majoring in Rehabilitation Services with a minor in Addiction Studies! I’m new to HerCampus this year and I’m so excited! I have a 6 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix named Max and I’m originally from Galveston,Texas!
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.