Greenjuice
Greenjuice
Emery Sereno / Spoon
Wellness

My Top 3 Home Remedies for When I’m Sick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sacred Heart chapter.

The start of the semester never fails to kick my immune system’s butt… between all of the syllabus week activities, adjusting to a new school schedule and moving back into an off-campus house or dorm. It definitely takes a toll on my body and how I am feeling! I’m actually sick this week so I’ve been testing out some home remedies to make me feel better ASAP, because let’s face it, I have no time to waste in bed!

Here are my favorite remedies so far.

A Spoonful of Honey (trust me on this)

Honey has been proven to be medicinal and antibacterial, and is actually used way more than we think in the healthcare industry! If you have a sore throat, are having a hard time swallowing, have a scratchy voice, etc. eat a spoonful of honey in the morning AND at night. This is going to speed up the healing process!

Celery Juice

Celery juice has been proven to cleanse the gut and regulate all the good bacteria in our bodies, while also getting rid of the bad via ~digestion~. Take a whole stalk of celery, and juice it! I like to add lemon juice to mine for more flavor. Simple as that! Drink this along with plenty of water and fluids and you’re going to feel better in no time.

S L E E P

Listen, I know we all have busy schedules, and still want to do our makeup, workout, and hangout with our friends every chance we get. But, we need to rest our bodies in order to heal. Overworking or over-stressing our bodies will only cause more symptoms and keep you sicker, for LONGER. So if you need to miss your 9am spin class to sleep in, that’s okay! Listen to your body!

So, that’s it! These are the simplest remedies I have used that have made the healing process so much smoother. I know being sick seems like a drag, but use it as a way to recharge your battery and start fresh! Have a fabulous week!

Nina Lauria

Sacred Heart

Nina is a Biology major with a Chemistry minor on the Physician's Assistant track. She has always loved medicine just as much as fashion and blogging. Nina hopes to one day concentrate in Pediatric Oncology and help find a cure for cancer!
Sacred Heart

Sacred Heart '24

The official contributor profile for the Her Campus chapter at Sacred Heart.