This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Many people can be intimidated by workout classes especially classes held on college campuses. There is no need for that intimidation. These classes are held for beginners and experienced students. There are modifications for any form of exercise and this allows students to slowly reach their fitness level in a comfortable atmosphere.

Quinnipiac offers Spinning, Yoga, Ugifit, Pilates, Barre, Boot Camp, Totally Toned, Zumba, Gymology and Meditation. These classes are designed to motivate and inspire you to be the best version of yourself. They are also free, so why not take advantage of 10 free workout classes?

These classes are easy to sign up on using IMleagues http://www.imleagues.com/spa/portal/home and it allows you to read about the class and have updates on whether it’s canceled or has a sub.

Spinning:

This class is based on York Hill and attached to the gym. The intensity varies throughout the classes depending on the positions the instructor will do. This class is 45-minute long with high cardio and muscle building in you quads, glutes, hamstring and core. The workout consists of hills, jumps and gliding and can be done at your own pace.

Yoga:

If you’re looking for more of a relaxing workout Yoga is definitely for you. Yoga classes can range from intense moves to more of a meditation class. Yoga helps stimulate your senses both physically and mentally. Instructors create a peaceful and comfortable atmosphere for you to work at your own pace and build up strength.

Ugifit:

A new fitness trend amongst college students is Ugifit. This fitness class is designed to work on strength, cardio, and core moves. By using a bosu ball and medicine ball students can modify their workout with different levels of weights. This 30-minute long workout is great to do with friends and is an opportunity to work new muscles.

Pilates:

A core designed class that has been around since the early 20th century. Movements can be modified for a beginner or intensified for advanced participants. The class puts emphasis on the “powerhouse” of the body, focusing on the abdomen, low back and hips. The class improves strength, flexibility, and endurance.

Barre:

Looking to sculpt, trim and slim your body? Try a Barre class. Barre classes are mixed elements of ballet, Pilates, and Yoga that are choreographed together with energizing and inspiring music. Muscles are isolated throughout the class to strengthen them, so be prepared to feel increasingly fatigued throughout the class.

Boot camp:

Looking for more of a push? Try Boot camp. This class is designed for a military-style exercise. This class can range from movements such as push-ups, squats, and sprints and sit up. These classes build endurance and strength using both cardio workouts and muscles building workouts. The class provides a full body workout, which can be enticing to participate who is looking for a little more of a push.

Totally Toned:

This class explains the results in its name. Totally toned is a class that emphasizes building core strength and increases flexibility. The class is an hour-long workout, which sculpts the biceps, triceps, glutes, shoulders and core.

Zumba:

Not only is zumba an excellent cardio exercise but it is a great way to bond with roommates and friends. You watch the instructor dance to Latin styled music and try to follow along. This is a great 60-minute workout because participants become so distracted learning dance movements they don’t even realize they have burned up to 500 calories or more.

Gymology:

This class is designed to provide students with the knowledge they need to know about the gym and all things to do with staying healthy and training correctly. Quinnipiac athletic instructors on Main campus teach the class once a week.

Meditation:

This class has recently been added to the schedule this year. Mediation is important for self-love and should be taught to everyone, especially those on college campuses. If you are looking for class to help relieve the stress of school, work or social lives enjoy a complete and total relaxation with our Quinnipiac Instructors.

So if you are ready to start a new healthy you, come join a class or two. Instructors are always open to working with new students and helping them get excited and motivated to start a new healthy life.

Hi I'm Sarah! I am a journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I have had a passion for writing since the 8th grade. Not only do I love to write but I love working out and trying to live a healthy life in this hectic world we live in.