Wellness

Spicing up your hot girl walk: 3 podcasts you must listen to

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Purdue chapter.

If you are on TikTok, you have probably heard of hot girl walks. Putting your airpods in, drowning the world around you and getting fresh air while feeling empowered and moving your body. It’s a gentle, fun and efficient form of exercise that not only does wonders for your body, but for your mental health as well. I find my walks to be therapy sessions, in a way, which is why I love to listen to different podcasts that lift me up and inspire me. From discussions on mental health to fitness tips, college advice and recipes, there is truly a podcast for everyone. Here are some of my favorite podcasts to listen to on hot girl walks, which will definitely inspire you to become the best version of yourself.

1. Moments with Lexi Hidalgo

I first started following Lexi on TikTok at the beginning of the pandemic, in March 2020. She uploaded vlogs of her tropical life in Florida, showing what she ate, fun things to do at home and spreading positivity online. She has since then grown exponentially, reaching 2 million followers on TikTok and moving to Hawaii with other content creators. Despite what may seem like living a picture-perfect life, her podcast shares her struggles with things we all deal with, including anxiety, body image and feeling like you are lost in life. Lexi holds raw and vulnerable conversations about how we can find confidence, happiness even in our darkest times.

2. Girls with Goals with Ann Catherine and Caroline Conneen

These girls are the definition of a power duo. The Conneen sisters share all things health and fitness, discussing the best workouts, their favorite meals and ways to manifest our dream lives. Despite their presence in the health industry, they’re also college students, so they’ve had their fair share of ramen meals and weeks without exercise. They are so relatable, and preach that balance is key to a happy and successful life. Listening to their podcast helps me feel calm and grounded, understanding that getting my greens in and sleeping 7 hours is important, but so is going out, eating pasta and (occasionally) binge-watching Netflix.

3. Not your Typical with Katelynn Nolan

Sometimes, we need to be pushed out of our comfort zones. Sometimes all we need is a little push in the right direction, a reminder to drink our water, to eat our fruits and to write 5 things we are grateful for in the morning. Katelynn is like that older sister you wish you had to motivate you and uplift you when you are feeling less than stellar, while never being condescending and always prioritizing your wellness and happiness.

The next time you go on your hot girl walk, listen to these podcasts and get ready to feel like the strong, empowered queen you are.

Alessandra is the vice-president of Her Campus at the Purdue chapter. She monitors article progress, ensuring they are uploaded on time and helps solve any problems that may arise. She is currently a senior at Purdue, majoring in Business Management, minoring in English Literature and concentrating in Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Alessandra has worked for Victoria's Secret PINK as a campus ambassador, helping with the marketing and communications of the brand. She is passionate about entertainment and wants to work in the industry after she graduates. In her free time, Alessandra loves doing any kind of sport or physical activity. If she's not surfing, swimming or dancing, you can find her eating pasta, reading, making very specific music playlists, watching movies and traveling everywhere she can.