Lindsay Thompson-Neon Sign Where You Need To Be Miami Bar Inspiration
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus
Wellness > Mental Health

Beating the Winter Blues at OSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OSU chapter.

With the colder months upon us it can be hard to stay motivated and optimistic throughout the spring semester. While it is especially important to stay on top of schoolwork, maintaining your mental health is just as important to your overall success. Finding ways to unwind on campus can help to improve your overall well-being.  

Join a club! 

With over 1,400 student organizations at Ohio State, there is a club for everyone to enjoy. There are many options, such as community service, sports, activism and so many more. Being involved with activities that you are passionate about can be a wonderful way to de-stress. It is also an amazing way to meet new people and build friendships. If there is a club that you cannot find and want to see on campus, you can start it! 

Take a Group Fitness Class 

Fitness is a very important part in maintaining strong mental health. Ohio State offers group fitness classes that you can take as you please. This is great for those who have busy schedules and cannot commit to a club, but still want to stay active and meet people. They offer yoga, Pilates, cycling, Zumba and more. These classes can be a great way to unwind and have fun! 

Try New Events 

There are so many events happening on and near campus to participate in. Through the university program D-Tix, students can get discounted tickets to events like concerts, sporting events and art museums. With SZA coming to Columbus this February, the discounted tickets are worth looking into. 

Cupcakes and Canvases 

Cupcakes and Canvases is a free event held by OUAB where students can unwind with art and food. Here you are able to express yourself through art with friends while enjoying delicious treats.  

Hi, I'm Maddy! I am a second year at Ohio State University studying Strategic Communications and Psychology. Aside from being a writer and TikTok director for Her Campus, I am also the social media director for Media Literacy Club and a member of Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). In my free time, I dance with a group on campus called Studio Dance. I am also a member of Alpha Chi Omega!