Here's Your Top 5 Post-Midterm Netflix Go-To's

We are just past the hump of midterm season and that can either be good or bad. On one hand, we have a little time to breathe before finals season is in full swing. On the other hand, we only have a little time to breathe until finals arrive sooner than we can say “green book”. That being said, if you find yourself studying a little too much and need a mental break, here are a few shows and flicks on Netflix that help to keep me sane in spite of chaos.

1. New Girl

This show never fails to provide a half hour of gut-wrenching laughter in each episode. If you have never seen New Girl, it is a show about a group of friends who are constantly getting into sticky real-life situations handling everything with humor and more often than not, some drinks at the local bar. If you are feeling stressed before your last midterm, watch any episode of any season and you will feel a little bit better about the world. I would strongly recommend Season 1 Episode 4, Nick’s in-the-mirror dance moves will certainly win over any viewer.

2. Moana

No shame here. We are truly so blessed to have Moana on Netflix. There is no better way to de-stress than to watch a feel-good Disney movie. Moana tells a rich story about how a Demigod Maui and a teenage girl Moana save her island. The songs in the film will be stuck in your head all day and night, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. In my opinion, “Where You Are” actually makes a great song for a pregame playlist.

3. Black Mirror

Okay...yes, I know you have probably heard of this a lot recently, but this is one of the best shows out on streaming services today. If you’re looking to escape from reality and become completely focused on something other than your econ homework, look no further. This show brings our greatest nightmares and wonders about technology to life, but in a way that makes you go “wtf just happened” at the end.

4. Moonrise Kingdom

If you are a movie buff and a fan of Wes Anderson films, this is the film for you. It's about two rebellious children who run away together in the midst of young love. It's not only aesthetically pleasing (in the true Wes Anderson style), but also a great film to immerse yourself in. Curl up with some popcorn and your HydroFlask to get your mind away from wondering about those midterm grades.

5. Bring It On

Of course I had to include this one! Bring It On is the most iconic cheer movie of the early 2000s. It's a comedy about cheerleading and the hardships that face American cheer squads everywhere. If you haven't already heard of this movie (how?!?!), you definitely need to watch it IMMEDIATELY. This is one of those films that you can watch over and over again and whenever, not to mention it has a killer 2000s soundtrack. I watch this when I’m doing my makeup, tired of studying or just plain bored. Torrance and Isis will definitely give you the motivation you need to get through the next few weeks.

There are plenty more movies and series to watch to de-stress from college, but these will certainly boost your mood for the moment.