kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Easy Exercises For the Wino in You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ODU chapter.

Going to the gym can be such a difficult process when you just want to chill on the couch with a cold glass of sauvignon blanc and an episode of Broad City playing on the television. You actually have to get up off the couch, change into some spandex materials, grab your headphones and keys and head out the door. After all that, you have to actually commute to the gym, whether it be a 5-minute walk or a 15-minute drive, and then you have to be greeted by some gym rat folding towels. Why do all this when you could just workout at home with some bottles of wine?

Source: Giphy

1. Triceps Kick-backs

Nobody likes untoned arms. So grab two bottles of your favorite Rosé and work those muscles on the back of your upper arm. Just make sure to keep your back straight.

Source: Giphy

2. Bicep Curls

You’ve toned the back of your upper arm and now it’s time for the front. Your toned biceps will look perfect in the new sleeveless top you bought. Use two bottles that haven’t been in the fridge yet so that you won’t lose your grip.

Source: Giphy

3. Seated Russian Twist

This workout would work best with a box of wine. It’s totally easy to do and the extra weight of the boxed wine will help you to get those six pack abs you’ve always dreamed of.

Source: Giphy

4. Squats

You can’t forget to workout your butt in a day in age where it is all about the butts. Build those lower body muscles by gradually increasing the size of your bottles.

Source: Giphy

5. Side Lunge

Continue working that lower body of yours with some lunges. The side lunges specifically target your butt. Keep doing these and you will look absolutely amazing in your holiday clothes this winter.

Source: Giphy

6. 1-Minute Plank

While you’re at it, why not throw in a plank for some killer abs, back, and a strong core. It may be difficult at first and wine bottles are not involved, but once you’re done you can reward yourself with a big glass of wine!

Source: Giphy

Now get to it wine lovers!

Hello! My name is Maggie and I am currently pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in journalism and a minor in communication at ODU. I write about my interests of beauty, music, fashion, and life advice. My uncle once said, "It's not illegal until you get caught," and I think those are words to live by. Follow me on Instagram @gisforglitter