This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Nottingham chapter.

If you’re anything like myself, and constantly find yourself snacking while studying for exams, then this article is for you! As much as I love to snack on chocolate and crisp (i.e. junk food) over-snacking on processed foods can leave you feeling bloated and tired. To help prevent this, and gain the most out of your day, I have put together some of my favourite revision snacks which are healthy, delicious and balanced – ‘everything in moderation’ is my motto.

1. Banana Ice Cream – simply pop some chopped bananas into a freezer bag and let them freeze overnight. Once frozen, throw 1-2 bananas in a blender along with a dash of any milk of your choice (I like to use almond milk) and BLEND, BLEND, BLEND. You can also add any other fruits of your choice such as raspberries or blueberries!

2. Rice Cakes with ALL THE TOPPINGS – you can get adventurous with this one! My favourite sweet combination is rice cakes with peanut butter, banana and a drizzle of choc shot. My go-to savoury combination is topping them with avocado (a good source of healthy fats) and some chilli flakes. If you’re slightly hungrier, add a poached egg on the top – makes a great Insta-pic).

3. Chocolate Milkshake – that chocolate fix needs to come from somewhere, right? For this recipe blend together 1 banana, a handful of ice, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder, milk of your choice (the amount depends on how big you want your milkshake to be) and any extra ingredients such as agave nectar (a natural sweetener) or peanut butter. It’s as easy as that!

4. Tortilla Chips – this one is so simple. Cut a wholemeal wrap into triangular shapes and pop them into the oven on a medium heat for 8 minutes. I like to add some salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil!

Edited by: Amy Hawthorne

Sources: