stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Adventures in Pilates: Getting Creative with Your Winter Workouts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Notre Dame chapter.

With spring break rapidly approaching and the chilly darkness of winter settling in, I recently decided to expand my workout routine and try something new: Pilates! A friend of mine often does Pilates videos, so I decided to give them a try and immediately fell in love with it. Pilates is a great combination of cardio and strength, and is an all-around awesome workout.

One particular series of Pilates videos that I’m a huge fan of is Blogilates. The instructor’s name is Cassey Ho, and she offers a wide variety of workouts for all different parts of the body on her website. Cassey has a ton of energy and is incredibly passionate about fitness and exercise. She includes upbeat music in her videos to keep you motivated and excited about working out. One of my biggest struggles with working out is getting bored on machines, especially in the winter when it’s more difficult to run outside. However, the Blogilates videos offer a wide variety of strength training moves to tone and condition your whole body and to keep you engaged and focused for the duration of your workout. Some of the videos use weights, while others allow you to get a great workout in using only your body. Here are some of my favorite videos that have become staples of my workout routine!

Cardio Warm-Up

Cassey offers a great selection of Cardio videos that will warm you up for the rest of your workout. They’re super high energy and a lot of fun! This video has a lot of different components that will really get you moving! Try this video if you’re looking to add more cardio to your workout.

Arms

One of the great things about Cassey Ho’s Blogilates videos is that a lot of them are very short and high intensity, so that you’re getting a great workout in very little time! This is perfect for those days when your schedule is so packed that you barely have time to get a workout in! I really like the strengthening moves in this video, and I highly recommend it if you’re working on toning your arms.

Legs

This workout will have your leg muscles burning on a level that you probably didn’t know was possible! This video is super short, challenging, and an awesome option if you’re working on toning your legs!

Abs

This ab video offers 5 awesome moves that will really work your abdominal muscles and strengthen your whole core! Some of the moves use a weight to further increase the effectiveness of the workout. Cassey Ho even offers a special section of videos just for working your obliques, so definitely check that out on her website if that interests you!

I hope that these Pilates videos will bring some fresh energy into your workout! Exercise relieves stress and can leave you feeling refreshed and more positive, so try some of these videos if you’re feeling overwhelmed by school or other activities! Remember to thoroughly stretch before and after your workout – trust me, I learned that one the hard way! Stay strong ladies!

Follow HCND on Twitter, like us on FacebookPin with us, and show our Instagram some love!

Images: 1, 2, 3