This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Muhlenberg chapter.

Stress is inevitable, especially as a college student. One moment, we are pouring wine into our cups and toasting to the weekend. The next, Sunday night arrives in the form of untouched homework and textbook chapters that have yet to be read.. Just to add a cherry on top of this stress sundae, Professor Jon Doe has just announced to your class an upcoming exam via email. Life seems to be a one big, frightening game of jenga. One incorrect move, and everything collapses. You begin to wonder how you’ve made it this far in college. What if I get a horrible grade on my test? Who can I turn to if my professor is not available during office hours? Where will my future end up?All these W questions have one common factor: WORRYING! Instead focus on the on the Y: Why aren’t you doing yoga? Yoga is a perfect de-stressor for us, overworked college students.

At some point in your semester, you’ve cried, snacked on junk food, went on a Netflix binge, and maybe done all three at the same time. Let’s get honest. These methods are probably causing you more stress. If you are looking to make a positive change on your physical or mental health, then taking yoga classes is a good step to de-stressing.

At Muhlenberg College, yoga classes are offered Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 7pm. The best part: it’s free and they provide you with a mat if you’re unable to bring you own. Although there are stigmas that surround yoga as being a “feminine activity” or “non-athletic”, it’s surprising to see how many male weightlifters and gym enthusiasts use yoga as a way to relax their muscles. Yoga is for everyone!

I started taking yoga courses at my college last year to find a solution for my growing migraines. It seemed that everything was a massive stress balloon just waiting to pop. I knew I needed to find a solution, and it just seemed that yoga was the missing piece to my de-stressing puzzle. My stress balloon began to deflate. The migraines were slowly going away. Yoga became a safe haven to leave my worries behind. After each class, I felt super relaxed, and I was able to kick those assignments in the booty. Yoga became a massive part of my life, and I was thankful for it.

So, if you’re ready to make the switch from stress and insomnia, to fitness and fun, I definitely recommend yoga. Even if you are not a major yoga enthusiast, you’ll be amazed to see how calm your mind and body becomes after one class. It’s time to leave your worries behind, for some yoga time!

Alexandra Liebman is a senior at Muhlenberg College, and is currently finishing up her last semester. She is an English major, who loves all thing poetry and literature. In addition to her efforts on Her Campus, Alexandra is on the Publicity and Marketing Chair of her college's chapter of Challah for Hunger, and recently became a campus trendsetter for Her Campus.. When not writing articles or studying, you can find her at the gym, watching Netflix, hanging with her friends, and drinking too much caffeine. Fun fact: She participated in the Disney College program Spring '18 for six months!
Ali Senal

Muhlenberg '18

Muhlenberg '18 Grad with a BA in Theatre and Jewish studies. My hobbies include sleeping, movies, and spreading vegan propaganda. Former Editor-in-Chief of Muhlenberg Her Campus.