ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Practice Self Care

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Studies, club meetings, volunteering and other obligations might not leave us with a lot of time to complete our homework and watch Netflix, let alone self care. To survive in today’s world, we have to take care of ourselves – otherwise we won’t be able to give our best. So how can we prioritize taking time out for ourselves? Check out our nine best tips:

Compliment Yourself

It might sound silly at first, but little things like complimenting yourself can provide you with that little boost of confidence that you need to start your day. While getting ready, look at yourself in the mirror and say that you look beautiful and that you will have an awesome day no matter what!

Exercise/Meditation

Physical exercise is important and you know it! Try to take 30 minutes out of your day to exercise any way you want. Try learning something new such as kickboxing or work on cardio; it doesn’t always have to be crunches! And if exercising isn’t your thing, then you can always try yoga – a simple breathing exercise can benefit you immensely.

Organize Yourself

De-clutter your life. Yes, you can’t help being messy, but cleaning up and organizing will make it easier for you to handle deadlines, assignments and homework. Also, try to plan your day as much as possible, but don’t forget to give yourself a break.

Do Something You Like

Baking, painting, dancing, singing, shopping: it could be literally anything that you like to do! Try doing it once a week to remind yourself not to take things too seriously.

Talk to Someone

What are friends for? If you are going through something, it’s always better to talk it out with your loved ones. Even if it’s just a venting session, at least you will feel better!

Eat Healthy

Yes, pizza is bae for life, but your body needs the right amount of nutrients to work properly – which means more fruits and veggies! Instead of having three big meals, try eating in small doses. Include your favorite fruits, and create new salads to shake things up!

Netflix

Been there, done that. If you can’t help but binge, then try setting a goal. If you accomplish it, reward yourself by watching re-runs of The Office – but first, FINISH YOUR GOAL!

Long Shower

There is nothing that a good, hot shower can’t solve. Take a break from everything and indulge in a long shower.

Treat Yo Self

At the end of the day, you deserve the best! Pamper yourself by going out to the movies, eating at your favorite restaurant, hanging out with your best friends or by reading a good book. Just treat yo self!

Feminist | Editor | Lesbian