This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MSU chapter.

Midterm season is upon us, and with that comes a lot of stress and anxiety. When I feel overwhelmed, I try my hand at just about anything to get my mind off studying for exams. I have found myself in a bit of a self-care routine lately amidst the never-ending study guides and Quizlets. Hopefully, some of the things that I do can also help you! 

Whenever I feel stressed, I resort to baking or cooking, literally anything in the kitchen, to burn off steam. I have been trying to find loads of new recipes to keep things interesting for my roommates and me. This past week I kept it simple and made a basic yellow cake with a buttercream frosting. This recipe was supposed to take me only 40 minutes, but I stood over that frosting for almost two hours! This recipe was one of many I have planned for this month, and I am hoping to do more this week!

Another way I have been getting my mind off things is by changing what I am watching on TV. I feel like every time I sit down, the same show is always on. These past few weeks, my roommates and I have been very invested in the drama on the beach with Bachelor in Paradise. This show never fails to help me destress and relax. We have also started to watch The X-Files this week. This is a great alternative for our Law and Order cravings! 

Whatever you do to destress with exams, I hope you are enjoying your downtime and not stressing out more than you need to! 

Audrey Williams is a junior at Michigan State University studying Criminal Justice with a minor in Law, Justice and Public Policy. In her free time, she enjoys practicing archery with the MSU archery team. Audrey Williams enjoys writing about pop culture, music, and tv shows.