5 Easy Ways to Give to Yourself this December

December: the busiest month of the year for many people. Finals are underway, the holiday season is at its peak, and the new year is right around the corner— it can be overwhelming at some points to say the least. That said, here are 5 simple (and inexpensive) self-care ideas you’ll want to give a try this month!

1. 1. Spa Day (or Hour)

Get your favorite facemask, paint your nails, or cut some cucumber slices and place them on your eyes with relaxing spa music in the background. 

Pamper yourself, my friend, even if it’s just for 20 minutes. You deserve it.

2. 2. Movie Night

The great thing about movie nights is you can enjoy them with friends or solo! Whether it’s a holiday movie on the Hallmark channel, Marvel, a Disney classic, or just about anything, pop some popcorn, sit back, and enjoy the show.

3. 3. Nap!

Getting enough sleep is something lots of college students struggle with, so if you’re feeling a little more tired that day, don’t be afraid of curling up with your favorite blanket and pillow. Taking naps can be daunting because of the fear of oversleeping, but I promise, your work will get done and your body will thank you.

4. 4. Have a Mini Dance Party

Whether you’re in your room alone or with all of your friends, pick your favorite song and embrace the moment. It may seem silly, but once you get into it, you’ll be happy to relieve some stress.

5. 5. “Treat” yo’self

Christmas cookies, soup, mac ‘n cheese, avocado toast, brownies, yogurt with fresh fruit, or your mom’s best dish she taught you how to cook— whatever’s good for your soul, eat that.

Good luck on finals, Spartans, and don’t forget to take care of you!