bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Living Healthy During Busy Times

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

We all have those moments where we are just too busy. Focusing on something new in life, such as new internship, moving to new place or just simply working through so many credits for classes. Because of this, sometimes we cannot figure out a way to balance our time or keep track of our exercise and healthy eating routines.

To help, here are some tips for you. They may not be the best match for your situation, but they could still somehow suggest some ideas to help you make your own plan. Isn’t it great when we know that we always take care of and love ourselves, no matter the situation?

1. Exercise at home.

We usually think of exercising as going to the gym, jogging, yoga or cardio classes. But actually, exercising can be as simple and easy as sitting at home and stretching out your muscles with right breathing rhythm. You can watch your favorite show in your free time while massaging your body with those very simple movements. Also, to vary the moves, YouTube and many other apps on your phone will help you find new ways to warm up your body.

2. Change your eating routine.

It’s hard to follow a strict, healthy diet if you don’t have time to actually prepare delicious dishes from fresh veggies and healthy ingredients. However, you can also just replace some artificial food full of preservatives with healthier options, such as water or juice instead of soft drinks. Corn, nuts or dried veggies instead of fried chips for a snack. Brown rice instead of white, more fruit instead of cookies or cakes, more chicken, fish and seafood than pork or beef, etc.

3. Less drinking at parties.

It can be so much more fun and meaningful to spend time with your loved ones by going to a new place or eating something new. Don’t think of it as trying something hard, you can do something new by just breaking free a little. You can also choose to have a good time breaking free instead of just partying and drinking until passing out. Simply eat and talk to have fun at a party. Getting to deeply know new people would be so much better than wasting time by drinking, and then wasting more time to recover after a hangover.

You also can just spend time alone to enjoy your favorite things. You would feel much more free and recovered after that, giving your mind and soul some freedom.

4.  Love your natural self.

You can try going out one day with only sunscreen, some eyebrow pencil and lipstick instead of full face makeup with foundation, contour, concealer and powder. Everybody would just smile with you like normal, or even say that you look beautiful. You can find yourself with some new inspiration, have positive feelings, save a lot of time and most importantly, protect your skin from so any harmfulness that makeup products would cause.