Wellness > Health

The Spring Break Body You’ve Always Wanted in Less Than One Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

Alight, Spring break is in less than three weeks… yikes. I know what you’re thinking, “I’m not swimsuit ready!” That’s okay! Here are some simple tips to get you feeling good for your spring break trip:

Eating

I can promise that your favorite fried foods, sugary snacks, and sweet candies will still be there. Three weeks eating right will not only add fat loss, but will help you feel better overall. Here are three main points to change your eating habits:

1. Stick to Whole Food based nutrition; this means eat non-processed, natural food. Switch a bag of chips out for an apple and a banana, add more color to your salad, or grill your proteins rather then fry them. So many easy swaps!

2. Drink carbonated waters. Now, I know you’re thinking I’m crazy, but carbonated flavored waters like La Croix and Bubbly have zero calories and zero sugar because they are just water. The carbonation in the drink tricks your stomach into thinking that you are more full than you are, causing your body to not need to eat as much.

3. Eat less carbs. Carbohydrates are the bulk of where our bodies gain body fat. By cutting down on negative carbs (sugars and processed grains), your body will be less able to retain body fat that travels straight to your stomach. I am not saying to cut all carbs from your daily intake, but as I stated in Tip 1, stick to whole foods, such as whole wheat bread, rice, potatoes, fruits and veggies will provide your body with a natural source of energy that is also more sustainable than processed carbs like candy, sugary snacks, and chips.

Water

Most people can guarantee that they aren’t drinking enough water every day. Drinking your body’s necessary minimum of water each day benefits your body in more ways than one. It aids weight loss, clears skin, promotes hair and nail growth, and benefits digestion. To drink enough water, divide your body weight by two, and drink that much water in ounces everyday. Add twenty more ounces of water for every half hour of exercise. Drink up!

Exercise

Now I always tell people that being healthy is 60% nutrition and 40% exercise. This is because they work hand in hand. With three weeks until spring break, I can’t tell you that you are going to lose a certain amount of weight and have a six pack, but I can provide you with key workouts that can help to tone specific areas of your body. These workouts and exercises can be done at home or in the gym as well.

Try to maintain a schedule with these workouts. An easy way to do this is to devote a day to each area of the body!

Upper Body

• Push-Ups

• Dumbbell Chest Press

• Dumbbell Bicep Curls

• Dumbbell Shoulder Press

• Barbell Bicep Curls

Lower Body

• Mountain Climbers

• Jumping Jacks

• Jumping Squats

• Squat Pulses

• Pulsing Lunges

• Burpees

Core

• Crunches with knees elevated at 90 degrees

• Planks

• Body Crunches

• Medicine Ball Twists

• Toe Touches

• Sit Ups

• Leg Raises

• Bicycle Crunches

All in all, with only 3 weeks until spring break, any change that you are committed to making will make a difference. However, no matter what, as long as you are happy, you will rock any spring break look!

Alexa Cooke

Lafayette '21

Lafayette College '21 NCAA Women's Tennis
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette