stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Health

Lazy Girl’s Guide to Getting to the Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

I have a love/hate relationship with the gym. I love results, but I hate sweat. Here are some tips I’ve picked up over the years to get motivated.

One thing that’s easy for me to do is get into my favorite Lululemons. Once you’re dressed for the gym you’re halfway there. 

Another tick I use is friendly motivation. If I make plans to workout with a friend, I’m less likely to cancel on them than the gym. Also some friendly competition is always good to push you a little harder than if you were to work out alone.

Stop making exercise about how you look. If I don’t get immediate results it’s easy for me to get discouraged. But hitting personal PR’s is something I use to keep myself on track and it’s always rewarding to see yourself improve–even if it is little by little. 

Setting reminders works as well. I actually have a friend that sends herself daily reminders that read “Remember you are a bad b*tch”. At the end of the day, it’s about self love. Treating you body with respect is crucial, you only get one. Make yourself a priority and make some time for you.

Another way I trick myself into working out is signing up for classes. Typically workout classes like spin, pilates or zumba have pre-payments. If I’ve already paid for the class, I make it a point to get myself there and get my money’s worth. 

Paulina Wartman [paul-ina] [VAR-tman] is a junior broadcast journalism major at the University of La Verne. With hopes of one day becoming a reporter, she has been a part of the campus newspaper production and awarded for her directorial work in student films by the University Department.