Studying?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Studying?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Wellness

Top 7 Podcasts to Start You Semester off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Putting yourself in a positive mindset is essential to getting things done and staying on top of your tasks each semester. Sometimes it’s hard to get there totally on your own, so in this article I’ll go through my top seven podcasts that help me get there! One way I get to a better headspace when I’m struggling is through mindful and positive podcasts that help me focus on the important things and grow.

Mindful in Minutes

This 20 minute, 5-star show about mindfulness helps me think more logically and calmly. It’s set up as a guided meditation and overall the goal is to help listeners to live their lives purposefully. Listen to stop overthinking and exist more at the moment this semester.

Untangle

Just a bit longer than the last podcast, around 40 minutes per episode. Listen to this to learn about mindfulness in general. If you want to hear about specific stories from real people and mindfulness experts, then this podcast is the one for you.

Made of Magic

Moving from mindfulness and meditation to self-love and self-acceptance, this podcast is made by women and for women. The goal is to help you learn how to love yourself unapologetically. It’s been rated 5 stars by viewers and holds glowing reviews from other women as well as myself.

Self-Love Letters

Taking more of an abstract and reflective approach to self-love, this podcast includes stories of how real people experienced their route to genuinely loving themselves. Each one is about 40 minutes and aims to help viewers learn by the action and experiences of others. Think of it as a letters people have written to themselves that you get to listen to and learn from as well.

Growth Mindset Podcast

Similar to the last podcast as far as personal stories, this one takes a similar approach but in a longer and more specific format. Each episode is about an hour long and takes important/successful people and breaks down into steps on how they accomplished what they did. The goal is to help yourself learn that you can achieve anything as long as you put your mind to it and take small steps as previous leaders have.

Everyday Positivity

This podcast is for listeners who need new content every single day, maybe on the morning commute or walk to class. This podcast releases a 20 minute episode every morning with new strategies and ways to stay positive each and every day. It’s meant to be a way to start your day off right no matter what.

Positivity Strategist

Similar to the last podcast, this one surrounds the concept of positivity and how to maintain it in your daily life. This one though takes a deeper dive into how we can weave it into every moment while remaining realistic and practical in our actions. Positivity isn’t about being naïve, it’s about finding the good in every day, and this podcast helps you do just that in its weekly 40 minute episodes.  

Take this semester for yourself. Take care of yourself and use these podcasts when it feels hard to do so on your own!

Kayla Tyler

Kent State '21

My name is Kayla Tyler and I'm currently studying Managerial Marketing at Kent State University. In addition to serving as a HerCampus writer for the Kent State Chapter I work for Red Bull, and I'm the Apparel Chairwoman for my sorority Phi Mu. I decided to write for HerCampus thanks to my background in attending an all girls high school; it was there where my passion for the female empowerment movement first began. I account that institution and those girls to the woman that I am today. My interests of topic might range from fashion to mental health issues, but the overarching theme is always to have women help other women.
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.