Wellness

5 Books to Fuel Your Mind, Body and Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

It’s not only important to fuel your mind when reading, but also your body and soul. These books are perfect for anyone looking to make a little change in their life whether it be in the kitchen, in the workplace, or even in your own head. Please enjoy my very staged and somewhat embarrassing photos that my cool mom helped me take in the middle of Target:)

1. Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis

A #1 New York Times Bestseller, this self- help book is great if you feel like you’ve been stuck in a rut and need a little motivation to go after your goals. This book follows her first bestseller Girl, Wash Your Face. Both have the ability to make going after your dreams and actually accomplishing your goals a reality. Taking it straight from the title, it’s “A shame free plan for embracing and achieving your goals.”

2. You Are A Bad- Ass by Jen Sincero

This entertaining how-to guide is filled with 27 chapters that encourage you to make those changes in your life that you have desperately been striving to do. Good Reads summarizes it by saying “it will basically show you how to create a life you totally love, and how to create it now”.

3. Own Your Everyday by Jordan Lee Dooley

According to Dooley’s website, this book is “rooted in faith and jam-packed with tangible takeaways and is a girlfriend’s guide to a purpose-driven life”. Sign me up! This multi-talented and multi-passionate author is giving us a good dose of life advise when she details how to overcome internal and external obstacles every girl faces at some point or another. 

4. The Joy of Missing Out by Tonya Dalton

Feeling overwhelmed? Girl, same! It’s the middle of the semester, and I seem to find myself constantly on the move no matter what. Luckily, the author of this book is literally a productivity expert and a CEO so I think I will definitely be taking her word to heart. She claims that “feeling overwhelmed isn’t the result of having too much to do- it’s from not knowing where to start”. This book contains actual strategies and exercises to help you determine your priorities and work to keep them a priority.

5. Cravings: Hungry for More by Chrissy Teigen

I’ll be honest I really did not know how to feel about Chrissy Teigen having a cookbook. I thought she must be good though because she even has her own cookware collection at Target. To be fair, I don’t know that much about her other than the fact that her tweets crack me up, and she likes to keep it real. Teigen does the same with this cookbook. Taking a peek into her kitchen and also life, this book will have you hungry for more amazing recipes that are easy to make at home. 

Cassidy Gladieux

Kent State '23

Cassidy is a junior journalism student at Kent State minoring in creative writing. This is her third year writing for Her Campus and first year as a senior editor. Cassidy is also a features writer for KentWired. In her free time, she loves to read, go on runs, and cuddle with her dog. In the future, Cassidy hopes to write for a digital magazine and travel around the world!
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.