This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

There are days you simply can’t make it to your favorite brunch place. But, don’t worry! You can start mastering your favorite brunch foods by using these simple steps. There may be a thunderstorm in the way, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your favorite meal. 

Step 1: When you find that awesome meal at brunch you will always order write it down. Take a picture of the name on your phone. Don’t just tell a friend, “This was so good, next time we come I am ordering this again”, make sure you can keep it forever.

Step 2: Head to your local grocery store to buy the ingredients. Yes, it may not be exactly what the chef cooked, but it’s similar. Also, cooking on your own has its benefits.

Step 3: Prepare. Cook. Enjoy. It’s that simple.

Here is an easy recipre to help get you started. This combination came from Penelope NYC Brunch Menu featuring a few items off of the Farmer’s Market Omelette, Eggs Any Style, and Soysage or Fakin’ Bacon.

Recipe : Sunnyside Egg, Seasoned Potatoes, Onions, Peppers, and Bacon

What you will need to purchase

• 1-2 Whole Eggs
  • 1 Package of Season Potatoes
  • 3-5 Bacon Strips
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Green Pepper 
  • Olive Oil Cooking Spray
  • Salt
  • Pepper

You can add more vegetables from the menu to give it more flavor! 

Photography by Lori Perdichizzi

Directions

• Grab 1-2 Whole Eggs (your preference); crack open the shell and pour into a small skillet. You can use a Silicone Egg Shaper to make the eggs round. Use medium to low heat for eggs.  Make sure to spray the pan. You do not want to burn the bottom of the pan or eggs.
  • Open your package of frozen potatoes (seasoned) and pour ½ the package into a larger skillet. Using medium heat only (approximately 8-10 minutes) cook your potatoes.
  •  You can either use 1/2 onion and 1/2 fresh green pepper to add into the potatoes or buy chopped frozen onions and green peppers (If you are in a hurry this option is best). Slice and throw it into the large skillet as well.
  • Cook your bacon slices until crisp.
  • Last, mix all ingredients in the skillet , stir every 1-2 minutes to make sure it’s thoroughly cooked. Using low heat only (3-5 minutes)

Grab your plate! Pour the potatoes, onions, peppers, and bacon onto a dish. Add the perfectly shaped eggs on top. Add some pepper and a dash of salt. There you go! You just made a delicious at-home brunch breakfast meal.