This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Happy final Friday of spring semester! This is the last fitness Friday until fall semester begins, and I am going to miss this little blog over the summer. Sad stuff aside, let’s jump into my week in fitness!

Me this week in a Nike sports bra and Forever21 leggings

My Workouts by Day:

DAY 1: 1 hr spin class at gym

DAY 2: 30 min yoga via YouTube

DAY 3: 15 min abs, 10 min stretch, 10 min legs via Pinterest

Workout Protip of the Week:

This week I took my first spin class at Hofstra’s fitness center, and it was amazing for beginner spinners! I have only taken one other spin class in my life, and that one was not for newbies, so it was nice to start off simple. I gathered some tips for people who are new to spin to help you power through the hour long cycle!

The most important thing that helped me really power through the cycle was listening to the beat of the song that was playing. I would sync my pedals and breathes with the rhythm of the song, and it helped me to focus and keep a steady pace for the entire class. Once you are in the zone and you stay consistent with your movement, there will be very little room for error and exhaustion. You’ll feel tired after, but while you’re uber focused on the music, the burn won’t bother you one bit!

Fitstagram of the Week:

@umstuff

Photo by @umstuff via Instagram

Holly Fiske is the owner and creator of umstuff, which stands for upside-down mama. She is a yogi who has her own eco-friendly clothing line for yogis like her! Follow for outfit and fitness inspo.

Gym Must-Have of the Week:

Ashley Brooke Designs Water Bottle

Photo by @ashleybrookedesigns via Instagram

These clear and bright bottles are super cute to bring along with you to barre, spin, or yoga class. With multiple quotes to choose from, anyone can find their hydration motivation!

Healthy Treat of the Week:

La Croix Seltzers

Photo by @lacroixwater via Instagram

I am currently obsessing over these all natural fizzy drinks. They contain no artificial sugars or sweeteners and have no sugar. My favorite flavor is orange!

That’s all for this semester loves! Thank you for reading, I can’t wait to start back up this fall. Don’t forget to love yourself!

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way a fitness professional or a nutritionist, I just put a big focus on health and nutrition in my life and want to share what works for me.

Gia Tims

Hofstra '20

Gia is a double major in journalism and Italian at Hofstra University. She is obsessed with yoga, pugs, Friends and Target runs. Gia loves writing and hopes to live in NYC one day to fulfill her dream of becoming a journalist! Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @giatims