This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Did you try to lose weight for spring break but lost track of the time? No worries, now you can focus on your summer body!

Here are a few tips to lose that quarantine weight you may have gained. If you stay consistent and train your body, it will reward you in more ways than one. Try these tips out for at least three weeks, and keep track of the results.

Cut Back on All Carbohydrates

An easy way to lose weight fast is to cut back on all sugars, starches and carbs. Instead of carbs, you can substitute for whole grains. The lower your insulin levels are, the easier it will be to lose weight. Some examples of whole grain snacks include brown rice, oatmeal and popcorn.

Eat Balanced Meals (Protein, Fats and Vegetables)

Always include a protein source, fat source, vegetables and a small amount of carbs in each meal. This helps tone the overall body’s muscle mass while attempting to lose weight. Protein consists of beef, chicken,eggs, beans or salmon. My favorite vegetables are lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli and cabbage. Safely have the correct amount of fats by cooking with olive oil  instead of cooking with butter.

Exercise

If you want to lose weight quickly, you could start off by walking or lightly jogging during your normal workout routine. Cardio is an effective method of losing weight and it can boost your mood! Try to go to the gym at least three to four times a week to do strength training and help balance out the weight.

Jeana Walker Georgia State University
The GSU chapter of Her Campus