This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Georgia Southern chapter.

College can be rough and is sometimes tough. It is not made for everyone, but it is achievable.  I’d be the first to admit I have gone through the last almost 4 years with many ups and downs with my mental and well-being. From the stress of actual classes and assignments, the stresses of life that are very unpredictable and put you in depressive episodes, and so many other expectations I have for myself that might not be the healthiest.

I can say I’m scared of life after college and I don’t think I am ready. Life is so strange, some days I still feel like I’m still 19 in my first year of college, sitting in my dorm room hanging out every day with my friends and others it seems like it was so far away, and things are so different now. I still share those same friends and we have all grown; we all are in different majors and are all involved in different clubs and organizations, and we can’t always get together.

Personally, for me, I think my friends think I use how busy I am as an excuse and I will admit when I am really tired, I do use it.  It gets overwhelming at a point. Being a senior student with an internship in PR is a lot. As I’m in my classes learning basics, I am also expected to learn them faster for my internship assignments. I put a lot of pressure on myself to thrive and achieve my best in all my assignments, but sometimes it bites me in the butt.

Additionally, stress is not the only thing that has had my mental health go up and down for the past almost 4 years. It’s important to remember that everyone is going through some sort of thing, even if you cannot tell. Everyone is human, and you should be patient, not give up on friendships, and enjoy the presence of your friends because who knows what can happen or when you’ll see them next.

I just want you to remember many people in your life — love you and want you in their life. Coping is different for everyone and never feel embarrassed for having emotions or seeking help because you do not know how to deal with things. Lastly, please remember you’re not alone.

Kiara Rosado

Georgia Southern '21

Kiara Rosado attends Georgia Southern University and is a Public Relations major from Lawrenceville, Georgia. She loves music, movies, makeup, fashion, and food. If you cannot find her on campus check the local coffee shop or the gym. Always dressed to her best and looking for inspiration on what to write next.
Jorden Allen

Georgia Southern '21

Jorden is a sophomore journalism major at Georgia Southern University. She grew up in Atlanta, GA and enjoys sleeping, eating and watching football! #southernneverstate #hailsouthern #gata