kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Be Healthier This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GCU chapter.

It is finally Fall! The weather will become cooler, the leaves will turn crisp red and orange, and pumpkin patches will come alive. Just kidding, not in Arizona, but I can dream. I don’t know about you, but in my opinion, Fall is the best time of the year in Arizona. Fall has just begun, and with new beginnings it is a great time to start something new for yourself; becoming healthier. Keeping good health by taking care of your mind, body, and spirit helps make you the best you can be. I am going to give you my top five favorite ways you can be healthy this Fall season.

1. Exercise

Exercise is amazing for you both physically and mentally. I cannot express this enough. The weather is so much cooler, instead of sweating at the gym and worrying about being inside all day go out and run around the track, walk your dog an extra five minutes, or go to the gym with a friend. There is a myriad of different ways to become more active, so you can tailor the exercise to fit you best. Get creative and have fun! Not to mention, working out gives you plenty of endorphins, and who doesn’t like those? The point is get yourself moving this Fall.

2. Stay Hydrated

Drink lots of water. Your body will thank you. It may start to become cooler outside but that doesn’t mean you should skimp on you water intake. Your body needs plenty of water to keep your body functioning throughout the day. Staying hydrated will keep your face clear and it will help cleanse your body. If you aren’t much of a water drinker, you can always try adding fruit into your water. Mint my personal favorite. Even try water flavored packets to spice up your water such as iced tea, lemonade, and sports drink flavors.

3. Take a Nap

Remember how when you were in preschool or Kindergarten and they wanted you to take a nap but you refused? Well, I wish I had taken all those naps back then. I am the first to admit it I take at least 3 naps a week between my classes. Napping helps refresh your body and it helps your mind also. Naps can help your overall health so do yourself a favor and catch some much needed z’s once and awhile.

4. Wash Your Hands More Often

As flu season approaches, be conscious of germs. Washing your hands more frequently and for a bit longer can really help to eliminate you from getting sick. I wash my hands a lot more in the Fall and Winter because more people tend to get sick during this time. While you’re on the go, carry some hand sanitizer in your purse or key chain. You can score some pretty cute and great smelling ones from Bath & Body Works.

5. Give Yourself a Break

Do not think you are able to do everything in the world. If you feel that your brain is stressing out and going 50 different directions, then you need to really stop, breathe, and just calm down. Realize you are human and you can only handle so much. Give yourself time do something you enjoy and you will feel much better. Take some time and destress, your body and mind will thank you. Try something like reading, meditating, writing, or listening to music.