This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Just because you do not have access to a gym does not mean you have to skip your workout! Here are some great exercises that can be done in a dorm room, apartment, or house. You do not need any equipment to complete these exercises! 

Exercise 1: Wall Sit 

Wall sits are great to strengthen your quads. This exercise is performed by leaning your back against the wall and moving your legs out in a squat-like position. It is best to complete 3 sets of 30 second sits to start! This can be done in any room that has a wall. Perfect for the dorm.

Exercise 2: Dips 

Dips are a great arm exercise, especially in a dorm. All you need is a desk chair to put your hands on in order to get into the dipping position. 3 sets of 10 is a great amount to get a good burn

Exercise 3: Squats 

Squats are essential in getting toned legs! This simple workout just requires an open space. Squats are pretty self-explanatory, but it is important to make sure your knees do not bend in front of your toes. This helps to prevent any knee injury. Complete this exercise doing 3 sets of 15 reps.

Exercise 4: Push- Ups 

Push ups can be done either with your legs extended, or regressed to the knees. Push ups on the knees are much easier than with extended legs. Complete this exercise with 3 sets of 10 push ups.

Exercise 5: Plank 

The last exercise is a plank. Planks can either be done as a low plank or high plank. Low planks tend to be more difficult but are a great progression from the high plank. Planks can be held for 20 seconds to 1 minute, in sets of 3. Form is important- do not sag your stomach down as it can injure your back. Take a water break instead if your form is getting messy!

Lauren Kimura

Framingham '21

My name is Lauren Kimura and I am currently a sophomore at Framingham State University. I am a Fashion Design and Retail Major with a minor in Business. I love fashion, beauty, and healthy living. I love to write and work in groups. I am very organized, hardworking, and caring.