person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

7 Inspiring Healthy Instagram Accounts to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

When you need fitness advice on the go, Instagram can be a surprisingly useful resource. Seriously, think about all of the minutes you spend scrolling through your Insta feed throughout the day! Seeing healthy recipes, workout tips, and pretty fitness photos will likely inspire you to get up and get moving- or at least encourage you to cook a nutritious dinner. We rounded up the best seven healthy Instagram accounts you should be following. Take a look below! 

1. Nike Women

We’re obsessed with Nike’s #betterforit campaign which aims to inspire people to workout and feel good. Nike obviously knows what they’re doing, so it’s no surprise how beautiful Nike Women’s Instagram is.  

2. NYC Pretty

Three words to describe this account are fun, colorful, energetic. NYC Pretty was created by Christine BibboHerr, a fashion, beauty and fitness blogger. Though she’s based in New York City, her posts go far beyond the concrete jungle. Christine is often traveling, so her photos come from a variety of vibrant and exciting places. 

3. FitGirlCode

FitGirlCode understands the importance of pancakes and lemon cake, which we couldn’t appreciate more. The account shows you how to eat your favorite foods in moderation with a few little healthy tweaks. You’re sure to love the positive messages that come out of this account. 

4. Healthy Living in Heels

The meals Debbie posts aren’t anything too fancy, meaning that they are all totally doable recipes. This is great for collegiettes since most of us are still in dorms, aren’t professional chefs and are usually very busy. Scroll through and try not to drool- Debbie’s veggie omelets and salmon pastas look absolutely delicious. 

5. Karlie Kloss

While Karlie isn’t solely focused on fitness and wellness it doesn’t mean her account isn’t as inspiring for your health. The world-famous supermodel posts almost-daily fitness Instagrams as well as healthy food pics (um, Karlie’s Kookies, anyone?). Karlie’s #fitnessfriday posts will inspire you to grab your running shoes and hit the pavement. Plus, she shows that no matter how busy you are, you can still make time to move it. 

6. Two Bad Bodies

Their motto is “B True. Be You.” With a mantra like that, what’s not to love? This account posts quick workout videos that are both fun and challenging. While you scroll through their feed, find one that’s best for you and then get moving! 

7. Blogilates

Casey Ho has a strong following and is a major source for healthy living inspiration. Casey keeps it real by posting pics of both her fitness life and daily life. Her posts will not only give you a peek inside her world, but also a peek inside her mind (she posts hilarious pics she finds on the internet as well as awesome motivational quotes). 

Where do you get your daily fitness inspiration from? Let us know in the comments below or by tweeting us at @HCEmerson!

Cassidy is a Digital Production intern at Her Campus. She's currently a junior studying journalism at Emerson College. Cassidy also is a freelance reporter at the Napa Valley Register and a staff writer at Her Campus Emerson. Previously she blogged for Seventeen Magazine at the London 2012 Olympics, wrote for Huffington Post as a teen blogger and was a Team Advisor at the National Student Leadership Conference on Journalism, Film, & Media Arts at University of California, Berkeley and American University in Washington, D.C.. When she's not uploading content to Her Campus or working on her next article, Cassidy can be found planning her next adventure or perfecting her next Instagram. Follow her on Twitter at @cassidyyjayne and @cassidyjhopkins.  
Emerson contributor