stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Where to Find the Best Fitness Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

The Elon gym doesn’t always seem quite big enough. If you’re looking for other places to get your sweat on, here’s a list of some of the best gyms and studios in the area!

The Rush, Burlington  

Located on South Church Street just 10 minutes away from Elon’s campus, The Rush Fitness Complex offers a variety of group exercise classes like Pilates, Zumba, yoga, cycle, kickboxing, and cardio dance! These classes all come free with a general membership along with 24/7 access to the club facilities! Personal training is also offered. 

Pure Pilates, Elon NC

If you’re looking to tone long, lean muscles and improve your core strength, then try Pure Pilates located on Trollinger Ave just a few steps off Elon’s campus! Pure Pilates offers both mat Pilates and Reformer work! The rates are a bit pricey but the personal sessions offer extra attention and can really make a difference in your body!

Om Shanti Yoga, Burlington NC

If you need a little more Zen in your life then Om Shanti is the place to go. They offer a variety of classes and just recently added a hot Vinyasa flow on Monday nights! Om Shanti also offers basic yoga, intermediate, and restorative. The first class is free and they have awesome deals for students!

Pure Barre, Greensboro, NC

If you’re willing to travel a little further for a good class, Pure Barre is about a half hour away from Elon and uses a ballet bar to sculpt a long, lean “dancer’s body.” They have a new client special for only $99 for one month unlimited!

Anytime Fitness, Burlington, NC

Anytime Fitness is open 24/7 and has plenty of cardio and strength equipment to go around! Personal training is also offered and the membership plans are easily affordable. You can try your first seven days for free!

Sky Cowans is a junior at Elon University, majoring in communications with a concentration in broadcast journalism. She is currently a reporter for Elon Local News and Elon in the Morning. Passionate about health and fitness, she is also a group exercise instructor for Elon Campus Rec. In her free time she loves making smoothies, going to the beach, and doing hot power yoga. Sky can be reached at scowans@elon.edu.