harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Mental Health

20 Calming Gifs to Soothe Your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CMU chapter.

As school starts ramping up and the stress of a new semester starts to pile on, it can be hard to calm yourself down. With running to class and doing your homework and all the other things college brings, it’s not always easy to find the time to sit and meditate or do yoga when you need it.

One easy way to chill in the five minutes between classes can be small, soothing gifs, whether to help you regulate breathing, move your eye, or simply calm the mind. While they’re popular online for people with anxiety or panic attacks, they’re also great for a few extra seconds of chill to center yourself for a presentation. Here are 20 of my favorites!

1. Rubber Duck

1. Blowing Bubbles

1. Circular Raindrops

1. Swimming Squid

1. Happy Cat

1. Circling Seagulls

1. Wavy Field

1. Swirling Circles

1. Blooming Flowers

1. Nighttime Island
  1. Shining Sun
  1. Spinning Orcas

1. Shifting Colors

1. Hanging Garden

1. Tech Network

1. Nesting Circles

1. Blue and Yellow

1. Cutting Down

1. Glowing Trunk

1. Diving Swallow

Hopefully these gifs help to calm you down, and I wish you the best on everything you have to do! Have a calming day <3

Sarah is a freshman studying Theatrical Design and Production at Carnegie Mellon University. One day she hopes to design costumes for Star Wars and Marvel films or television programs, but for now you can find her in her free time hanging out in her dorm drawing or watching TV, trying out a new mug cake recipe, or reading her latest National Geographic issue. You can follow her on Instagram at @theocqueen to see all her latest doodles and sketches.
I'm a lover of writing, art and music. I'm always down for a chat, and love listening to people tell their stories.