Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress

5 Ways on How to Deal with Stress

With the first round of exams coming up, I know everyone is stressed, tired, and frustrated. So here’s some easy ways  to deal with stress so that you can nail your exams and breeze your way into the rest of the semester. 

1. 1. Workout

Woman doing bicep curls

When you are stressed your body releases adrenaline and cortisol hormones, otherwise known as “fight or flight” hormones. Working out is a way to balance those hormones and bring your body back to a calm and relaxed state. You can even work out and study at the same time!

2. 2. Sleep

Making sure that you get a good night’s sleep can affect how stressed you are the next day. Although stress can be one of the reasons why many of us don’t get a complete night's sleep, it’s important that we are making the effort. If you are having trouble sleeping, try creating a relaxing atmosphere by reducing distractions before bed and taking a warm bath. 

3. 3. Talk it out 

two women talking at a table together work business casual

Although it may sound silly, talking about the stress and what has been going on with someone else can relieve a lot of built up tension and anxiety. It might even be helpful to see an on campus counselor/therapist. 

4. 4. Manage your time

girl writing in planner

This is an important step when dealing with stress. Sit down with your agenda/calendar and write down everything you need to do in the next coming weeks. Then plan out when you will start working on things or studying. Don’t just try to remember what you need to do because stress makes you forgetful. 

5. 5. Learn to say "no"

If you are already overwhelmed and stressed out, don’t take on more than you can handle. It’s okay to say no if it means taking care of yourself. 

You’ve got this!