ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Give Your Eyes A Break, Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapman chapter.

Yeah…no kidding. This extra sense is not your typical, “I see that” or “I smell that” type of deal. It’s something much more profound and somewhat superhuman.

You know when you feel a ghostly touch on your shoulder, but it’s really someone’s eyes on you? Or when you walk into a new place, and you already know its “vibe”? Intuition, my friend, is this sense of ultra-feeling that trumps logic in more occasions than not.  

We are relentlessly bombarded by information that must be processed and thought through. Logic is our most powerful tool to do so; however, it also causes pain through head and heartaches. Stress and crammed minds plague us; I mean, c’mon, it happens easily when you’re busy trying to be a student, social adult, worker and living being all at the same time. Wouldn’t it be nice to silence that little voice in your head that constantly tells you what to think? Guess what? You can.

Allow your thoughts to quiet down.

Easier said that done, am I right? However, it is possible. Take time out of your day, it doesn’t matter how short or long, to meditate and let each thought pass by. Acknowledge it, then like a friend, let it carry on.

Start feeling more.

Oh yeah, this feels good. Do it. “Huh…this doesn’t feel right.” “Don’t do it.” It’s as simple as that. No pros and cons lists necessary.

See with your “third eye.”

This is the superhuman part. Your two eyes retrieve sensory information sent to your brain and processed by your thoughts. This cycle repeats itself a thousand times per minute, if not more. I don’t know about you, but my eyes droop heavy and my brain slows down at the end of the day. It’s because we’re always using them! Close your eyes. Gaze up at the space between your eyebrows. Do you see, with your eyes closed, the color indigo? This is your “third eye center,” the center of intuition. Here is where your extra sense of intuition comes from. Tap into this extra sense by allowing your intuitiveness to be your guide.