This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

What is PULSE? What is New Year No Fear? Why should you care? Let us tell you.

Chances are, if you are strolling through Cal Poly’s campus, you have run into multitudes of booths, people, flyers, and signs all advertising various social endeavors happening around campus — many of these booths can be attributed to the Peer Wellness Programs through Campus Health & Wellbeing. 

Peer Wellness Programs strive to educate and to advise students on issues of mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing. Four teams are dedicated to handle issues of either mental health, physical health, sexual health, or drugs and alcohol. 

This year, the Fitness and Nutrition Team, which I am a part of, has revamped a week long event entitled “NEW YEAR NO FEAR” happening the week of January 27th-31st. 

New Year No Fear strives to educate, advocate, and promote physical and nutritional wellbeing to students on campus. With the arrival of 2020, many of us strive to set and achieve lofty goals—many having to do with our personal wellness. This year, some of the featured events include: food tasting, a self love & mindfulness speaker, SLO Yoga Class, Spark Yoga Center class, ballroom dancing, giveaway booths and more! 

For each event you attend, scan the QR code to be entered into a raffle for one of two one-month yoga membership giveaways at either SLO Yoga or Spark! We know sticking to New Year’s resolutions can be challenging — especially those concerning health and wellness! However, we suggest checking out this week long event — who knows, maybe you will find a new hobby, or even win a yoga membership!

Check out the Facebook page for more information and announcements throughout the week: https://www.facebook.com/events/583759485522871/ 

Taylor Eldridge

Cal Poly '21

Taylor is currently a second year (junior) student at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo majoring in English with a minor in Psychology. Besides HerCampus, many of her interests are diversified; she is either exercising, listening to music (probably both, simultaneously), or spending time with my family and friends. Taylor is also a part of the Fitness & Nutrition Team through Campus Health & Wellbeing.