10 Things that Happen When You Get a Fitbit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Either you’ve seen someone wandering aimlessly to reach their step count for the day, or you are that person. Here are the 10 things that happen when you get a Fitbit. 

1. You will do anything to get those steps in, literally anything.

2. You challenge everyone you know with a Fitbit because one must find out who is the fittest of them all.

3. You can’t help but show everyone how well you sleep. 

4. At first, the celebratory vibration for reaching your step goal scares the hell out of you, but eventually it becomes a highlight of the day.

5. How dare someone taunt you instead of send you cheers. 

6. You immediately become one of Fitbit’s best forms of marketing because you just can’t shut up about how great it is.

7. All of a sudden you want to go 736 miles just so your Fitbit gives you a badge that tells you you’ve gone the length of Italy.

8. Your close friends and family think it’s strange you never take it off and when they suggest it you can’t help but be disappointed.

9. You get the worst tan line imaginable on your wrist from never taking it off. 

10. But you’re proud to be a part of the #fitbitfam.

Andrea Whisler

Cal Lutheran

I am currently a Senior at California Lutheran University and my major is Business Administration with an emphasis in Management and my minor is Communications. I have a passion for all writing, sports, puppies, and food.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!