Girl On Bench With Backpack
Girl On Bench With Backpack
Her Campus Media

Your Ultimate Guide to Having Fun on Spring Break No Matter Where You Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

For a lot of students, spring break is that perfect week in the middle of the spring semester to either go home (if you’re within distance of your home away from Boston University) or to relax in the comfort of your own dorm without having to go to classes. All in all, it’s a refreshing time, and here are some fun things you can consider doing: for some of you, if you’re going home, but also relaxing things to do in Boston if you’re not. 

Take a trip down memory lane

Not everyone has a ton of money to blow on crazy getaways over the period of a week, but there are certainly other ways to have fun regardless of what other people are doing. Just because others are travelling doesn’t mean they’re necessarily having a better time than you. 

If you’re back in your hometown (and your high school lets you), take a trip down memory lane and visit some of your old high school teachers for an hour or so in a day. Even if you went to a huge high school, you’ll be surprised by how many of them love to see old students and get to know how college is treating them!

Go on a day trip somewhere

If you’re in Boston for spring break, don’t worry! While you can’t go home, there are plenty of fun things you can do here with all the time you’ll end up having. If you have midterms after spring break, remember to study for those ahead of the day before the test (and that goes for everyone!), but go and do what you’ve been wanting to for a while. 

Nothing is too far away when you have a whole week on your hands! Visit new places and enjoy breaking out of the BU bubble. 

Cook and/or bake

Myles Standish has an open kitchen and pots and pans to rent from the Residence Office, and if you’re at home you might have a kitchen too. Use some of that free time to enjoy yourself and cook or bake a nice meal as a treat for all the hard work you’ve put in so far. 

Recipes are super easy to find online, and we have Target and Star Market right on our campus for groceries.

Do something creative

Now that you don’t have to be focused on school for a week, take the time to embrace your creative side no matter what your major is. 

You could draw something you’ve been thinking about but not had the time for, play music, do some creative writing, or anything else that jumps to your mind! Being able to take some time to work on your hobbies is the best part of spring break wherever you are.

Spend time with your parents/parental figures (or call them!)

Your parents or guardians might not have a spring break themselves, but it’s a good time to update them on how your semester is going so far. Tell them all about your highs and lows. Just like your old teachers, they care about how you’re doing at school no matter what year you’re in. 

Plus, it’s a good reflective point in the semester for everyone as we near the end of the year, and who is better to talk to about that than those you hold closest to you?

Remember, enjoy your spring break and mini-vacation from school wherever you are during it!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

I'm a sophomore at Boston University studying journalism on a pre-law school track.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.