This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

While I’d heard about the documentary Game Changers last semester, I could never really bring myself to watch more than five minutes of it because I was never really an avid documentary-watcher. I also found the first few minutes of this one to be rather dry. However, after the buzz around Game Changers persisted and many of my close family members strongly recommended it to me, I decided to give it another shot a few weeks ago. 

vegetables
Photo by Ella Olsson on Unsplash

Even though I was aware that it was about food, I had expected it to be like one of the many eye-opening documentaries about the meat industry, but it was actually two hours of information about the major health benefits and misconceptions of veganism and I honestly can’t recommend this to everyone enough — especially if you’re all about clean eating and healthy living. With veganism being the new fad worldwide, I’d heard a lot of talk about it being “insufficient in nutrients” and — being a non-believer of diet culture — for the most part, I actually believed that to be true, as I’m sure most of you do too!

Well, I got news for you, girl! According to this documentary, a vegan diet is actually scientifically proven to have all the essential nutrients and is proven to be better for your health in the long run. In fact, what really blew my mind was that switching to a vegan diet (when followed strictly, of course) could control and potentially even reverse any heart disease! What’s more? Turns out, our bodies were not biologically meant to digest animal products — dairy or meat.

Crudites
Christin Urso / Spoon

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my pint of ice-cream once in a while, but I’m definitely trying to be better about it because a happy inside is a happy outside! 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

My name is Anoushka. I am a Senior at Boston University, studying Journalism and Advertising. I am from Mumbai, India, the land of spices, culture, and colour. I love singing and basically anything that screams music. When I'm not writing or belting the notes to my favourite Adele song, I enjoy trying new foods (cooking and eating, of course), travelling around the globe, and looking for new ingredients to add to my superfood stash.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.