A Reminder to Take Care of Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As we get further into this semester, the easier it is to get caught up in everything that’s happening. Between Halloween and even more midterms, the weeks seem to be flying by until Thanksgiving, and prioritizing time isn’t always fun or simple.

One thing that I have recently realized the hard way is that, while managing time when it comes to school and work is important, it is just as crucial to prioritize your health. As important as it is to do well in your courses and to actually have a social life, you need to make sure you take care of your health in order to enjoy what you are doing on a day to day basis. You can be involved in countless clubs or programs and constantly be hanging out with people, but if you don’t take care of yourself, it won’t be completely worth it.  

So take this as a reminder to do prioritize the basics. First off, sleep: I cannot stress this enough, and this may seem redundant, but sleep is so crucial to every other aspect of your health. Even if you need to pull an all-nighter to study for an exam or finish a paper, make sure to not make it a habit.

Second, eat well and eat enough. It is so easy to oversleep and, as a result, skip breakfast and wait to have a meal. But do whatever you need to do in order to eat enough. Keep food in your backpack if you have to and remember that if your body is telling you something, you should not ignore it!

Lastly, remember to take time for yourself. After a long week of studying and stressing, rewarding yourself is important! And don’t forget that everyone has a different way of doing so. If you want to go out with some friends, do it! If you feel like you should just chill and watch Stranger Things in your pjs, do that!

The most important thing in your life is you! So make sure to show yourself some love and take the time to appreciate your body and your mind.

Julia is completely undeclared in the College of Arts and Sciences. She enjoys taking naps, eating dessert at every meal, and anything to do with books or movies.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.