kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Thoughts You Have Doing Hot Yoga

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

College is stressful. I thought yoga would help — and it did. Corepower yoga offers a week of free classes to potential new members. I’ve heard so much about these classes, and it seems like everybody is jumping on the Corepower bandwagon. Naturally, I wanted to try it out. Last minute, my friend and I joined a class. It happened to be hot yoga.

1. What am I doing?

You’ll get to the studio and probably wonder how you got yourself into this mess. Before you even enter the room, you’ll probably feel excited and nervous.

2. This feels good

When you enter the room, the heat feels nice. It’s relaxing and the room has dim lighting. Everybody is stretching out and drinking water. It’s a nice vibe.

3. I only know downward dog

If you’re a beginner, these poses will be very foreign to you. When I took this class, I just followed the girl in front of me and improvised a little.

4. Woah it’s hot

They start making the room hotter as the class progresses. This is the point where you’ll wonder what the temperature actually is until you hear the instructor say, “it’s now 115 degrees in here” with glee.

5. Am I sweating more than everybody else?

When you do a hot yoga class, you will sweat in places you never knew could sweat. It’s disgusting. Make sure to make good use of the towel provided. You’ll look around and everybody else will look sweaty, but they can also pull it off really well.

6. Why am I doing this to myself?

It’s a tough class. Without the heat, the class wouldn’t be hard. However, the temperature kills and you’ll find yourself lightheaded wondering why you chose to spend your Sunday night in this room.

7. Is it almost over?

You’ll probably wonder this the last twenty minutes. It’s so hot, and the instructor starts bringing the group into crunches and core.

8. Wait now I’m relaxed

After class, the instructor opens the door and cold air will rush in. It’s the best feeling. Then, you’ll leave class refreshed and soaked. Maybe you’ll even grab a class schedule on the way out so you can do it all again.

After doing hot yoga, you’ll never take cool air for granted again!

Hometown: St. Paul, MN City Editor at the BU Buzz
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.