3 Ways This Fellow BU Student is Spending Her Time at Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Most college students around the country have been taking classes online from their homes for about a month. While we still have school to keep us busy, many of us are struggling with ways to spend our time at home. I know I am not the only one that has aimlessly scrolled through TikTok or started rewatching sitcoms that I have already watched several times through. 

I talked to a fellow Terrier, Caroline Ben-Levy, about how she is spending her time in quarantine. Caroline is a freshman at BU and is a student in the College of Arts and Sciences studying psychology on a pre-law track. Like myself and many other college students, Caroline is at her home in New York. She gave me a list of the top three ways she is spending her time at home. 

Reading books

Her first activity is reading. Reading a book is a great way to keep the mind active while still doing an enjoyable activity. Caroline recommends finding books on topics you enjoy so it feels like a fun activity rather than a chore. Especially with the end of the school year approaching, books will be a great way to keep yourself engaged and educated while at home. 

Working out

Caroline has also been spending her time working out. Working out is a great thing to do during this time and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Caroline suggests going on a walk or run outside if it is safe for you to do so. Also, there are many free online workouts that can be completed with just a yoga mat. This is the perfect time to get healthy and start working out. 

P.S.: Personally, I have been following one of Chloe Ting’s free workout programs, and I’ve really enjoyed it. 

Watching lots and LOTS of TikToks 

Most people are aware of TikTok and how it has become a global sensation. Caroline explained that TikTok has become a major way that she spends her time. She said that she “watches way too many TikToks”. TikTok is an enjoyable and very simple way to spend your time. Whether you recreate dances in your own TikToks or just watch others’ videos, it is a very addicting app. 

Caroline wants you to know that you are certainly not alone in struggling to find ways to stay entertained at home. However, she does hope that these three activities can help you find ways to still have fun while staying at home and keeping everyone safe. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Grace is a sophomore at Boston University. She is studying Public Relations with a minor in Anthropology. Grace is originally from Raleigh, North Carolina.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.