This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

You definitely are familiar with the saying that ‘everything happens for a reason’. People say it all the time and with good reason. One of the best things that you can learn is that not everything is going to go as you planned. We understand that it can be frustrating at times, but the best thing you can do is to remember that something better will come along. Whether you’re religious, spiritual or anything in between, they all have something in common: You are putting your belief into something and knowing that whatever plans are in store for you are what you can handle. We firmly believe that things have a way of working themselves out and that your mindset can also play an important factor in your life.

This brings us to Manifestation.

So, what is Manifestation you may ask? It is simply saying that you will do something and then actually doing it. In a way, it’s another form of writing down your goals or what you hope to accomplish. It can be as simple as ‘I will eat healthy and work out more’, ‘I will do well on my exam’, or even ‘I will laugh more’. It does not have to be complicated by any means, but it helps reiterate what you hope to achieve for the week!

Some people do this by writing down each morning what they want to achieve for the day and replacing ‘I hope’ with ‘I will’. Others will write things down either once a week, once a month, or when something is very important to them. It is all about the right mindset, so if you say that you will achieve something, then you put yourself into that frame of mind and it will be easier for you to go after that goal.

The energy that you put out in the universe is the energy that you will get back. When you put out positive energy, you will attract people that have the same values as yourself. You want to surround yourself with friends that have your best interest at heart, share the same values as you and make you happy. Knowing what you want to get out of life is important and the change starts with you writing what you hope to accomplish and what will ultimately benefit you.

We know that it may sound silly to write down what you want to do for the week, but it helps keep you on track and keep that positive mindset going. It can serve as a helpful reminder to stay on track or to keep yourself thinking in this positive way!

It is all in the mindset, so if you think you will do something, then you will have better success at achieving it!

Cover | Gif graphics by Giphy

Hi my name is Sam! I'm a Senior at Bryant University with a major in Marketing and a concentration in Political Science!
Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.