This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

You’re running late to class and don’t have time to eat breakfast, or maybe you just need a quick snack before working out. Believe us, we know how hard that can be.

Whatever the reason you find yourself in this situation, you want to make sure that you are able to still have energy throughout the day and are grabbing foods that not only taste good but are good for you. Although we would love to have the time to cook a nice healthy meal, that’s not the reality for many of us. Especially if you don’t have access to a kitchen to meal prep in college, it can be difficult and stressful to put something together. Sometimes protein bars are the best option for a snack in between class, work, and everything else.

Here at Her Campus Bryant, we made a list of our favorite protein bars that we think you should try as options for a quick source of energy! 

Our favorites change from time to time, but here is a ranking of our current go to’s:

Rx Bars

These are definitely our favorite right now. The ingredients are listed right on the front, which makes it easy to know what you are putting in your body. This bar has no extra added sugar and no artificial sugar which is very important to note. Rx bars contain whole, natural ingredients that taste great. Our current favorite is peanut butter chocolate!

Quest Bars

These bars are a great option for added protein! They taste pretty good and are low in sugar and carbs. The only down side is that they do use artificial sweeteners and are not made with natural ingredients. However, they are a great choice for a quick meal or snack on the go!

Kind Bars

These are always a great option, especially since you can read the ingredients and know what’s in them. Both the roto café and library café usually have them stocked, so they are easily available to Bryant students. They are easy and conveinent to grab in between classes.

Perfect Bars

These bars get a lot of great reviews! We have yet to try them, but a lot of people use them as a meal replacement for lunch if they don’t have the time to eat a healthy meal. People love this refrigerated bar and the superfood ingredients. The only down side is that it is high in calories, but has all healthy ingredients that are great for body and mind.

Health Warrior Bars

These bars have great reviews for their plant based protein sources. They are perfect for someone looking to get a quick snack or meal on a more strict diet. They contain all natural ingredients, which is great for a bar.

Make Your Own!

Natural is always the best option, so if you do have access to a kitchen, make protein bars or protein muffins with whole ingredients! You don’t have to add any sugar in them, instead you can put fruit in them as a natural sweetener.

Stay connected! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest!

CoverPic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 | Pic 5 | Gif 1

Hi my name is Sam! I'm a Senior at Bryant University with a major in Marketing and a concentration in Political Science!
Boston-based twenty-something who's a self-proclaimed Bloody Mary connoisseur and Billy Joel karaoke aficionado.