Almonds
Almonds
Torey Walsh / Spoon
Wellness > Health

Easy and Delicious Post-Workout Snacks for Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

For many people, they have goals in the gym. Whether that is to build muscle or shed fat, eating the right nutrients after a workout helps you fuel and develop your body to achieve your goals faster. After you work out, your body tries to rebuild its glycogen stores and repair and regrow your muscle proteins. That is why when I am tired, exhausted, and hungry from the gym, I make sure to eat foods that are rich in carbohydrates and protein. These three of my favorite workout snack recipes below are quick, easy, and delicious to eat. I hope you try the recipes out and enjoy them!

1. Bake-Free Protein Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients: (I do not use these measurements exactly, feel free to put as much or as little as you want).  

1 cup of old-fashioned oats

1 cup of nut butter

¼ cup of coconut flakes

One tbs of flaxseed 

½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips 

One tbs of vanilla extract

a dash of sea salt

1.  Place oats in the blender to create oat flour. Pour all other ingredients into a separate bowl.

2. Pour the out flour with the rest of the ingredients and mix. 

3. Roll the dough in one-inch balls and refrigerate overnight or in the freezer for 30 minutes and enjoy!

2. Greek yogurt with granola nuts and fruit toppings

Ingredients: 

½ cup of Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt 

¼ cup of granola 

A handful of muesli 

2-3 chopped up strawberries. 

½ sliced banana 

One tbs of nut butter 

Portion the yogurt in a bowl and add toppings and serve. 

3. Tuna avocado rice cakes 

Ingredients: 

½ cup of avocado mashed

One chopped apple

One can of light tuna packed in water (or a tuna packet like Star-Kist tuna pouches). 

Three rice cakes of your choice!

Mash all the ingredients together. Pile on top of rice cakes of your choice!

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.