Career

11 Inspirational Quotes to Get You Through the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

College is hard, and this year has been tougher than most because of everything going on. We all need some support to not lose motivation and keep going. I hope this list of motivational quotes I put together can inspire everyone to push through this year!

“Push yourself because no one is going to do it for you.” —​ Unknown

Even when it gets hard, remember why you started and push yourself to get to your end goal. Otherwise, you’ll be stuck where you are. You won’t move forward.

“In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.” —​ Unknown

Take a chance. It might surprise you. Trust me, you will regret it if you don’t.

“Many of life’s failures are people who had not realized how close they were to success when they gave up.” —​ Thomas A Edison

You don’t want to keep thinking of what would have happened if you had just kept going. Don’t give up!

“The only source of knowledge is experience.” —​ Albert Einstein

Try new things so you will learn new things. College is a time to experience all that life has to offer, so take that chance.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” —​ Winston Churchill

Don’t stop in hell. Keep going so you will get out and reach your heaven.

“If you’re too comfortable, it’s time to move on. Terrified of what’s next? You’re on the right track.” — Susan Fales Hill

You have to try new things, come up with new ideas, pursue new hopes and dreams. Never stay stuck where you are now.

“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.”  — A.A. Milne

You will often underestimate yourself. You will always compare yourself to people you believe are ideal. You are much more than you give yourself credit for.

“When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.”  —​ Helen Keller

Make people respect you. Don’t let them treat you badly because you deserve respect.

“Be so good they can’t ignore you.” — Steve Martin

Make people see you. Succeed in a way that nobody can ignore.

“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” — Unknown

Your past does not define you. So, no matter what you have been through and what you were like in the past, do not let it define you. Pursue to achieve your goals regardless.

“One day or day one. You decide.”  — Unknown

If you want to do something, do it today. Begin today. Your future self will thank you. Do not put off beginning to work on your goals.

Stay inspired, keep motivated, and excel this year in college!

Hi everyone! Thank you for reading my article :) A little about me: I'm a junior majoring in accounting at Bentley University with a minor in law and psychology. My interests are all over the place, which is why I chose to study topics that include math, literature, and science. I love learning new things and sharing them with people, and this platform allows me to do so. I write articles that I believe will be helpful to others. I hope you enjoy my articles!