bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Get in Shape this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UWindsor chapter.

Without the stress of assignments and exams, summer is the perfect time to get in shape! Whether you’re a pro-athlete, casual gym-goer, or haven’t worked out since high school phys ed, you can try these tips to get fit:

1. Try an app or a website: These can provide great motivation to exercise. For example, the ParticipACTION Playlist for Canada’s 150th birthday is a great place to find and track activities while also having a chance to win prizes! 

2. Explore the outside world: Paddle boarding, jogging, hiking, volleyball, and ultimate frisbee are a blast!

3. Create a schedule: If you’re just starting out, creating a plan for when you’ll exercise can keep you on track. If you’re a more serious weight lifter or athlete, coming up with a new schedule or workout plan can help accelerate your improvement and prevent boredom!

4. Join a class: Dodgeball, dance, martial arts, and yoga classes are available at many gyms, private studios, or rec centers in most towns. Do your research and find what works best for you!

5. Find a workout buddy: Having a friend to keep you motivated can work wonders. You might strengthen some friendships too!

Fitness is great for the mind, body, and soul. Find what works for you and get moving!

I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus UWindsor. I am enrolled in English & Creative Writing and Visual Arts. Art, music, and writing are my obsessions! But my heart also belongs to books and big dogs.