6 Study Habits You Should Start Doing Today

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We are now over halfway done with the semester and most people’s procrastination has caught up with them. Luckily, it isn’t too late! There is still plenty of time and opportunity to do well this semester with these helpful study tips!

1. Bring everything you need, nothing you don’t.

There is nothing worse than getting to the library and not having the notebook or textbook that you need. Make sure that you have everything that will get you through the day and leave the books and binders that you for sure won’t be using at home!

2. Play classical music.

It is proven that by listening to the right music you are able to absorb information better. Pandora and Spotify have great stations that are specific to studying. Music with words can be a distraction and part of your brain hops on board with Taylor Swift’s catchy one-liners; Beethoven is a better option for studying!

3. Avoid using your phone.

Let’s be honest, your phone is the absolute biggest distraction. From the new reaction buttons on Facebook to figuring out the ideal Instagram filter to texting your mom about how stressed you are, your phone is toxic to a good study environment. By putting your phone on airplane mode and out of sight, I guarantee a lot more will get accomplished! 

4. Delegate time everyday for studying.

Making studying a habit makes it feel a lot less miserable. By setting aside a couple hours each day to accomplish at around the same time it will become easier every day that you do it! Also, make a list of all of the tasks you need to get done that day and give yourself breaks every so often.

5. Get up, move, and eat healthy foods.

It is important to stimulate your brain before studying. By getting your heart rate up, you are able to give your body exactly what it needs to focus and do well! Skip the vending machine, and bring some carrots to munch on as you zero in on those Chemistry notes!

6. Go into it optimistically.

Have the attitude that you will get all that you need to done. If you keep reminding yourself why you are spending so much time studying it will help you keep your eye on the prize! (AKA graduation, a super cool job, and lots of money.)

Go get on that studying, collegiettes! You got this! 

Brandi Lyn Johnson20 years old... but a child at heart. Pre-Nursing Major and working at Primary Children's Hospital.Changing the world one Netflix Series at a time.I think dogs are better than humans.I don't like the dark.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor