This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

If you’re like most college students, you know the end of the semester can be a stressful time. Whether it’s finals, end of year projects or simply normal assignments, the end of the semester just always seems to be a little less enjoyable than the rest of the year.

If you’re feeling the effect of finals try these 10 essential oil recipes to finish strong and knock this semester out of the park!

1. For those stressful times (stress relief blend):

3 drops of Lavender

3 drops of Ylang Ylang

3 drops of Frankincense

2. For those times when watching Netflix looks better than studying (motivation blend):

3 drops of Lavender

3 drops of Frankincense

3 drops of Lemongrass

3 drops of Peppermint

3. For when you get a headache from all the information you are absorbing (headache blend):

3 drops of Lavender

3 drops of peppermint

Put these in your hand and rub your temples lightly in a circular motion

4. For when you “two-hour” study session turns into a 3-day adventure (focus blend):

3 drops of grapefruit

3 drops of peppermint

5. For when your brain runs more miles a day than you do (racing-mind blend):

4 drops of Bergamot

4 drops of Clary sage

2 drops of Frankincense

6. For when you need to think happy thoughts (happy blend):

6 drops of Orange

2 drops of Clary Sage

7. For when you forget everything you learned the entire semester (memory blend):

10 drops of Lavender

8 drops of Lemon

5 drops of Rosemary

5 drops of Cyprus

8. For when you really need to get more than 10 minutes of sleep (sleep blend):

10 drops of Geranium

10 drops of Lavender

10 drops of Chamomile 

9. For when you’ve had 3 Red Bulls, 4 cups of coffee and 2 awake bars, but still don’t have the energy (energy blend):

10 drops of Lemon

5 drops of Peppermint

2 drops of Rosemary

10. For when you need to wake up for that 8:00 am final (wake-up blend):

2 drops of Lime

2 drops of Tangerine

2 drops of Grapefruit

2 drops of Spearmint

You’ll need an essential oil diffuser, or you can boil water and add the oils to the water. If you are in need of essential oils, I get mine from https://www.earthboundtrading.com/, https://artnaturals.com/ and https://www.rockymountainoils.com/, but you can find them anywhere.

I hope these recipes help you get through finals! You can do it. Only a few more weeks, and then you can relax for the summer. Good luck Racers! Happy Finals Week!

photos courtesy of Unsplash.com and Giphy.com 

Lauren Edwards

Murray State

Hello! I'm Lauren Edwards. I'm an advertising major and accounting minor at Murray State University. I love to read, paint, play music and write. My favorite pass time is hanging out with my cat, Benjamin, and drinking a cup of tea. I want to live in England after college. My biggest aspiration is to live a life I'm proud of, and to help those around me. I follow the teachings of Buddha and my life motto is "daily gratitude and a positive attitude." "Go forth and be good humans. Spread the love, and spread the positivity."