stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Ways to Workout that Don’t Involve the WoodPEC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Let’s face it, the WoodPEC might be convenient, but it is not always the best place to workout. Sometimes the classes offered don’t fit into your schedule or every elliptical is taken right when you walk into the gym. They might not even have the particular weight machine you like to use. Thankfully, there are many different options outside of the WoodPEC that you can utilize.

Orange Theory

With a location at Emory Point, Orange Theory is a great way to get a good workout. With classes offered at multiple times every day, it’s easy to find a class that fits into your schedule, but be careful because the classes fill up fast! Orange Theory utilizes the interval workout, switching between weights and cardio in an intense, but rewarding hour long class.

Pink Barre

As another place with a location at Emory Point, Pink Barre is a great spot to go to for a barre class. For those unfamiliar with the workout, barre combines ballet with strength training and is a great way to tone your body.

Fly Wheel and Fly Barre

Fly Wheel and Fly Barre are both owned by the same company, but one offers a spinning class and the other offers a barre class. While these are not as close to campus, they are great alternatives to the WoodPEC, providing excellent workouts. If you own a car or are willing to travel to their location, you won’t be disappointed.

Join a Gym

There are tons of gyms surrounding Emory’s campus that you could join if the WoodPEC is not for you or is just a little too inconvenient. Joining a gym is a great way to take a break from campus and also get a good workout at the same time.

Work Out on Your Own!

At the end of the day, you don’t necessarily need to take a class or find a gym to workout. Working out can be as easy as going on a run through campus or buying a yoga mat and some free weights to do some strength training.

Her Campus at Emory University