kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Keep Your Summer Body Throughout the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We all know staying in shape isn’t the easiest task once you’re back in school. If you have worked hard to stay fit all summer, don’t lose it all now! Her Campus has some tips then can help you to stay looking great.

1. Gym Time 

• Make it a point to go every day. School can get busy at times, so if you fit gym time into your daily routine it can keep you on track. Wearing gym clothes to class is not frowned upon, so this way you can head over right after class. Don’t think going to the gym means a minimum of one hour. Pushing yourself for 15-25 minutes is perfect! Work efficiently when you are there if you are on a tight schedule.
  • Look up circuit work outs on Pintrest to keep going to the gym fun and avoid getting bored. Some of them can be quick if you are in a rush.

2. Drink Water

• Keep a reusable water bottle on you at all time. There are places all over campus that will allow you to refill it. Staying hydrated helps with your metabolism. When things get busy you can forget to keep drinking, but a few hours later you’ll feel sick and making it throughout the day feels impossible. Keep your water bottle on your desk during class and while doing homework. You will feel healthier and much more energized!

3. Navigating Salmo

• Choose wisely. Always walk around and do a quick scan before making your decision. Pick something you like and let that be it. It can be hard to have self-control when having a meal in an unlimited dining hall. But portion control is everything! Have one plate and leave it at that. Once you put your plate away, try and not make another one. If you still feel empty, have a glass of water or maybe a small plate of extra fruit or veggies. If its dinner time and you feel you need a little bit more, make a salad full of vegetables with a light dressing.

4. Drinking

• Many people have a bad delusion that if you aren’t eating it, it doesn’t have calories. Unfortunately, that is completely false. Look for brands that make a low-calorie type of vodka such as Smirnoff Sorbet which only has 78 calories per shot. Chasers will also be your downfall. No sugar added drinks such as diet ice tea or diet soda taste good with alcohol and have zero calories. If you don’t like diet because of the sugar substitutes, try having seltzer or club soda with your liquor. The bubbles can help masque the taste of pure alcohol.
  • If you are a huge fan of beer, our best advice would be to find a low calorie brand such as Budwiser Select, which is 55 calories per can. Spiked seltzer is a huge fan favorite right now because it is low calorie and doesn’t taste too much like alcohol. If you haven’t tried it yet, get on it asap.

5. Hangovers  

• Don’t let them kill you. Try to stop drinking at a normal hour and just enjoy the rest of your night. If you continue to drink until 3AM you’re not going to be feeling so hot in the morning. Also, if you do get hungover, try and get to the gym at some point instead of laying in bed all day. Going to the gym can acutally help you sweat out some alcohol, and mentally it will make you feel better to be active and get your day going. We all love to be couch potatoes on a hungover day… but it will catch up to you and can result in weight gain if it continues every weekend throughout the semester.