Life > Experiences

Fun Holiday Games To Do With Your Loved Ones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

The holidays are all about spending time with your loved ones; something that we should be thankful for everyday. Some of you may have holidays traditions you do with your friends and family. There are a lot of ideas to include in your holiday traditions this year! Read on for some holiday game ideas to try out this season.

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

The most common activity to do with your friends during the holidays is an ugly Christmas sweater party. Host one at your house and have all your friends come in the best ugly sweater they can find! You can also make it a slumber party and watch Christmas movies like The Grinch or Elf!

Photo via Pexels  

Cookie Swap

Invite your best friends over and tell them to bring recipes and ingredients to bake some holiday sweets.  Spend an afternoon or evening in the kitchen baking, listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies. When all of the treats are finished, everyone swaps cookies with each other to bring home (or eat right away).

Photo by: Pixabay

Christmas-Themed Photoshoot​

Grab your closest friends, wear cute outfits, and add some Santa hats for the cute pictures that you’re going to take for Christmas! This is an awesome opportunity to take some adorable pictures with your roommates to send out to your friends and family for the holidays. You can also get creative and add some other things in the picture like Christmas sweaters or take a picture by the tree.

Photo by Alexander Dummer

A Gift Exchange Game

A fun gift exchange game is when everyone anonymously brings a gift to the party, and each person will go home with a different gift. The game includes a theme and everyone can bring either a gag gift, or a DIY present. It’s fun to see what everyone comes up with! Click here to find out more about the game.  

Photo by Daria Shevtsova

Christmas Music Lip Sync Battle

Have a lip sync battle with your friends by playing some famous Christmas songs by Michael Buble or Mariah Carey. Sing along to your favorite Christmas albums with your friends and enjoy the holiday spirit!

Photo by: Sarah Pflug

This is my favorite time of year where I get the chance to spend some quality time with my loved ones. There are tons of events happening in the GTA for the holidays but you can create some fun activities of your own too. If you have any special ideas of what to do for the holidays, make sure you include your closest friends and family!