bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 New Year’s Resolutions that You Can Actually Keep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Every year everyone makes New Year’s resolutions and no one ever goes through with them. But this year, get out of your slump and make it a resolution to stick to these three totally simple and definitely rewarding New Year’s resolutions!

Drink More Water

Source: Aidan Meyer

Drinking water should never be a task! It is one of the most nutritious and essential parts of our lives and we need it more than anything else. It is so important to stay hydrated, so why not make this year’s resolution a life-saving one? Drinking water can be so easy and rewarding! Switch out all those plastic bottles full of pop and sugary junk with clear nice drinking water. If water is the only option, you will have to drink it! If you’re struggling to drink the recommended 8-16 glasses of water a day, Starbucks offers some really nice and aesthetically pleasing 16oz tumblers that make drinking water just that much more fun. Drink 2 of those tumblers in one day and you’ll be one step closer to a healthier life!

Get in Sync with Sleep

Source: Daria Nepriakhina

Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love to sleep? So why not start this year with adding more of the thing that you love so much? It is very important for you to develop a routine. Get into a regular sleep routine by getting the same number of hours of sleep each night, as well as trying to sleep through the night. This will not only increase your mood but also keep you feeling refreshed throughout the day! So what are you waiting for? Go to sleep!

Fit-nesse Your Routine

Source: Matthew Henry

To be honest, I probably say every year that I am going to start going to the gym and get my life together but we all know that never happens! So this year, let’s skip the gym altogether and just incorporate some fitness into our already busy schedules. Got a class or office on the third or fourth floor of a building? How about adding in some light cardio by taking the stairs instead of that boooring elevator! Wanna go shopping instead of working out? Add the workout to the shop! Instead of parking close to the mall, try parking further away and walking inside, and on your way back out those heavy shopping bags will make great weights! Get fit in style this year, by simply saying no to being lazy and saying yes to just a few additional steps in your everyday life.  

Making commitments can be hard and boring to follow. But this year let’s try sticking to some of our goals and focusing more on ourselves and our lives rather than those busy school/work schedules. Make 2018 the year you finally follow through with those long overdue New Year’s resolutions!

Just your average girl writing about some above average content 
Sam is a Cinema & Media Studies student at York University. She is passionate about LGBTQ+ issues, mental health, and intersectional feminism. She loves dogs and grilled cheese and knows way too much about pop culture.